Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Tastings on Lake Superior



The Summer Tastings on Lake Superior is a fundraiser in support of the Superior Watershed Partnership and will take place on June 16, from 5-7pm at the Presque Isle Pavilion in Marquette. All proceeds go towards the protection of Lake Superior. Tickets are $40/person and are available at the SWP office on Presque Isle, Marquette Food Co-op, White’s Party Store, and online at the SWP website. Please join the SWP in tasting 6 new summer wines (and a couple beers, just for fun), enjoying the jazzy tunes of the Dave Ziegner Trio, and light hors d’oeuvres from local vendors. For more information visit the SWP website at www.superiorwatersheds.org or call 228-6095.

Raffle prizes including a Paul Grant print, dinner for two at Capers Restaurant, and much more!

Also, all ticket holders will be entered to win a sail on the historic Coaster II Tall Ship out of Marquette's Lower Harbor.

You may have seen the Coaster II docked at Lower Harbor. Captained by Nick Economides, this ship is a one-of-a-kind, wooden hulled, gaff rigged, top-sail schooner. The Coaster II is a registered historic ship and a well-known vessel among traditional sailors and boat builders. Designed as a 19th century coasting schooner, she is authentic, with a flying jib boom, catheads, a real lunenburg windlass, deadeyes, sway hooks, carved taff rails and other features not found on vessels built after 1900.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am the Captain of what you might ask. Am I a has been or do I serve a task? Oh, I sail now and then, drank rum from the cask. I'm now beached on the hard, dreaming of visits to ports, from the sea I'm barred and off even keel of sorts. My helm locked and marred as my body grows warts. When next comes Spring, heaven will rain my mana and sea song I will sing, while keeping beat with a banana. The ships bell will again ring at launch time for the Manana. Cast the lines - raise the sails, chart a course for any place. Rig the ship for mighty gales, take all storms right in my face. Fear not what make good sea tales, Captain again - gleams on my face.